Group APPLICATION for 2018 are opened!
REGULATIONS FOR 2018
I. AIM OF THE EVENT
- Creating an opportunity for dance groups from all over the world to meet and present their artistic achievements.
- An international exchange of ideas and experience within folk dance groups.
- Promotion of national and regional culture of their own countries.
- Developing aesthetic sensitivity of young artists through direct contact with music and dance.
- Integration of folk dance groups from Poland and other foreign countries.
II. RULES OF PARTICIPATION
- DATE: 23-30 June 2017 (arrival 23.06 / departure 30.06)
- PLACE Gorzów Wielkopolski, POLAND
- The Festival is a COMPETITION for the folk groups.
- Participants: CHILDREN AND YOUTH FOLK DANCE GROUPS.
- Both LIVE MUSIC-folk band and CD are allowed.
- Groups can consist to 30 MEMBERS:
- group can consists of 1 guardian for 10 members+director+drivers+band+translator,
- only the organizer can decide of taking more participants in each group.
- Artistic PRESENTATIONS:
- COMPETITIVE CONCERT up to 8 minutes (theatre) in one entrance!
- OPENING CEREMONY up to 3 minutes (Amphitheatre)
- GALA CONCERT up to 5 minutes (Amphitheatre or open air stage)
- PRESENTATION up to 15 minutes on the city area
- SHOWS in another towns 10 - 30 minutes
- The organizer PROVIDES:
- accommodation (7 nights), 3 meals a day,
- 5 - 6 festival performances, participation in the Gala Concert,
- integration meetings and evening parties, free time,
- a meeting with the authorities of the city and province - gifts exchanging,
- an English-speaking guide.
- PARTICIPATION FEE depends on your choice of the place of accommodation:
- DORMITORY - accommodation and 3 meals a day - 12 EURO/person/day (from lunch 23.06 till breakfast 30.06.2018 / 7 days)
- HOTEL: "MIESZKO" *** accommodation and 3 meals a day - 35 EURO/person/day (from lunch 23.06 till breakfast 30.06.2018 / 7 days)
- groups that qualified for the Festival pay 200 EURO in advance by 30 April 2018,
- the rest amount has to be paid by 1st June 2018,
- cancellation from participation in the Festival after 1st June 2018 will cause the loss of the advance payment.
- EXPENSES OF TRANSPORT are covered by groups on their own.
- For the groups TRAVELLING BY PLANE organizer can help to arrange transport from and to nearest airport BERLIN or SZCZECIN or POZNAŃ), at the cost e.g.: bus, Berlin – Gorzów – Berlin (airport) *about 1000 EURO,
- for the group travelling by plain necessary transportation during the festival will be covered by the organizer.
- COMPLETED AND SIGNED APPLICATION FORM with attachments (photos, information, links or film with current dance programme) should be sent by 28 February 2018.
- The groups that were qualified by the Artistic Council will get the WRITTEN INVITATION not later than 12 March 2018.
- Groups that need permission for coming to Schengen Area or to Poland will have to get visas on their own.
- The group is obliged to have a medical insurance for each of the members during the festival.
- Groups can sell souvenirs, records and folk products from their country after previous approval of the Organizers.
- All cases that are not stated in Regulations are settled by the Organizer – the Director of the Festival with approval of Artistic Committee, directors, organizers.
III. EVALUATION AND REWARDS
- The INTERNATIONAL JURY will take the following criteria into consideration:
- the selection of repertoire, music, a choreography, vocal preparation, performance techniques, the selection and aesthetic of costumes and props, the overall artistic expression and impression (detailed criteria will be defined and send later)
- propriety and behaviour of the participants during the festival time.
- REWARDS AND AWARDS:
- the organizer are going to allocate 1500 Euro for the winners
- in addition, some other awards will be admitted in the categories or groups that will be determined after the qualification.
- all groups will receive commemorative statuettes.
IV. ORGANIZING OFFICE
ADDRESS OF THE ORGANIZER: “Festival” MŁODZIEŻOWY DOM KULTURY
UL. TEATRALNA 8
66-400 GORZÓW WLKP.
The Director of the Festival – Krzysztof Szupiluk Tel. + 48 602 381 795
The Artistic Director (English language) – Maria Szupiluk Tel. + 48 728 452 482
Tel./Fax +48 95 722 85 75
International Dance Festival in Gorzów Wlkp. from 2016 got acceptation to be officially recognized as FIDAF (Federation of International Dance Festivals) Festival
As a part of Agreement of The Folklore Festivals of Western Poland http://www.folklorefestivals.pl/en/festivals/ IDF "Folk Harbor" co-operates with the other folk festivals.
- IX International Children's Folk Festival KIDS FUN FOLK 2018, Poznań, Poland, 19-24.06.2018, www.kidsfunfolk.pl
- XXIII International Folk Meetings ”ON THE INA RIVER” in Goleniów, Poland, 28.06 - 3.07, www.ina-folk.pl
- XXI International Folklore Festival “ŚWIAT POD KYCZERĄ” Legnica, Poland, 28.06 - 11.07.2018 www.kyczera.eu
- International Folklore Festival “FACES OF TRADITION” Zielona Góra, Poland, 15-20.07.2018 www.facesoftradition.pl
- XXXVIII " International Festiwal PYRZYCE MEETINGS WITH FOLKORE", Pyrzyce, date in progress, http://folklor.pdk.pyrzyce.net/
- VIII International Folk Contest-Festival "THE FLOWER OF THE SUN", ŠIAULIAI, LITWA, 30.06 - 6.07.2019 www.saulesziedas.su.lt