Regulations XXIII INTERNATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL - FOLK HARBOR - June 27 - July 3, 2016
I. AIM OF THE EVENT
- Creating an opportunity for dance groups from all over the world to meet and present their artistic achievements.
- An international exchange of ideas and experience within folk dance groups.
- Promotion of national and regional culture of their own countries.
- Developing aesthetic sensitivity of young artists through direct contact with music and dance.
- Integration of folk dance groups from Poland and other foreign countries.
II. RULES OF PARTICIPATION
- The Festival is a competition for the folk groups.
- Participants: children and youth folk dance groups.
- Folk groups bring their own music. We will prefer groups with live music-folk band.
- Groups can consist to 40 members:
- group can consists of 1 guardian for 15 members+director+drivers+band + translator,
- only the organizer can decide of taking more participants in each group.
- Artistic presentations:
- competitive concert up to 15 minutes(theatre)
- open ceremony up to 10 minutes (open air stage)
- Gala Concert up to 5 minutes (Amphitheatre)
- short presentation up to 5 minutes on the city area (without stage)
- show during City Days 10-30 minutes(open air stage)
- show in another town 30 minutes (if necessary)
- The organizer provides:
- accommodation (6 nights), 3 meals a day,
- 5 - 6 festival performances, participation in the Gala Concert,
- integration meetings and evening parties, free time, sightseeing of the town,
- a meeting with the authorities of the city - gifts exchanging,
- an English - speaking guide.
- Cost of participation depends on your choice of the place of accommodation:
- accommodation and 3 meals a day - 65 EURO/person (from lunch 27.06 till breakfast 3.07.2016), in DORMITORY www.festiwal.gorzow.pl/dormitories.html
- accommodation and 3 meals a day 150 EURO/person (from lunch 27.06 till breakfast 3.07.2016), at the HOTELS: Motel "PINTAL" www.pintal.eu -number of beds 54 or "HUZAR" ** www.hotel-huzar.pl - number of beds 23
- accommodation and 3 meals a day 160 EURO/person (from lunch 27.06 till breakfast 3.07.2016), at the HOTEL " U MARII"*** www.umarii.pl - number of beds 60
- accommodation and 3 meals a day 190 EURO/person (from lunch 27.06 till breakfast 3.07.2016), at the HOTELS: "GORZÓW"** www.hotelgorzow.pl - number of beds 80 or "MIESZKO"*** www.hotel-mieszko.pl - number of beds 100 - 120
- the cost of every extra day: dormitory - accommodation and 3 meals a day in DORMITORY is 15 EURO /person; at the HOTELS - 25 - 30 EURO /person
- groups that qualified for the Festival pay 200 EURO in advance by 30 April 2016,
- the rest amount has to be paid by 1st June 2016,
- cancellation from participation in the Festival after 1st June 2016 will cause the loss of the advance payment.
- Expenses of transport are covered by groups on their own. For the groups travelling by plane organizer can help to arrange transport from and to nearest airport, at the cost:
- bus, Berlin (the nearest airport) – Gorzów – Berlin (airport) *about 1000 EURO, *about - as it de pends on transport company and rate of exchange,
- Necessary transportation during the festival will be covered by the organizer.
- Completed and signed Application Form with attachments (photos, information, links or film with current dance programme) should be sent by 29 February 2016.
- The groups that were qualified by the Artistic Council will get the written invitation not later than 11 March 2016.
- Groups can sell souvenirs, records and folk products from their country after previous approval of the Organizers.
- Groups that need permission for coming to Schengen Area or to Poland will have to get visas on their own.
- The group is obliged to have a medical insurance for each of the members during the festival.
- All cases that are not stated in Regulations are settled by the Organizer – the Director of the Festival with approval of artistic committee, directors, organizers.
III. EVALUATION AND REWARDS
- 1. The International Jury will take the following criteria into consideration:
- the selection of repertoire, music, a choreography, vocal preparation, performance techniques, the selection and aesthetic of costumes and props, the overall artistic expression and impression,
- propriety and behaviour of the participants during the festival time.
- 1st prize – 700 Euro (1 group)
- 2nd prize – 500 Euro (1 group)
- 3rd prize – 300 Euro (1 group)
- All groups will receive commemorative statuettes.
IV. ORGANIZING OFFICE
ADDRESS : “Festival” MŁODZIEŻOWY DOM KULTURY
UL. TEATRALNA 8
66-400 GORZÓW WLKP.
The Director of the Festival – Krzysztof Szupiluk Tel. + 48 602 381 795
English language – Maria Szupiluk Tel. + 48 728 452 482
Tel./Fax +48 95 722 85 75
International Dance Festival in Gorzów Wlkp. from 2016 got acceptationto be officially recognized as FIDAF (Federation of International Dance Festivals) Festival.
As a part of Porozumienie Festiwali Folklorystycznych Polski Zachodniej (The Western Poland folklore festivals agreement) IDF "Folk Harbor" co-operates with the other folk festivals:
- VII International Children's folk Festival "KIDS FUN FOLK", Poznań, 17.06-22.06.2016, http://www.kidsfunfolk.pl
- XXXVI International Festival "PYRZYCE MEETING WITH FOLKLORE", Pyrzyce, 23.06-26.06.2016, www.pdk.pyrzyce.info.pl
- XL International Festival of Folklore "FACES OF TRADITION", Zielona Góra, 23-30.07.2016, www.facesoftradition.pl
Short - listed groups have the opportunity to take part in these festivals, on the conditions of the above mentioned events, after prior notification about your will for participation.